Assalamu ‘Alaikum brothers and sisters,
The below message was just sent in to me (by several people!!!!). I thought I would share it with you all. Please contribute towards this and spread the word. While some people are incredibly immoral and unethical, there are others who simply do not understand the love that each Muslim holds for the Prophet (sall Allahu ‘alayhi wa sallam).
Hand of Talha
ACTION REQUIRED FROM KHUDDAM
Cartoon of Hadhrat Muhammad (saw) and Hadhrat Isa (as)
You are all aware, I’m sure, of the UCL debate, Some weeks back, the YouTube clip of which has gone viral. The Atheist Society of UCL have now posted a cartoon depicting Holy Prophet Muhammad (saw) and the Holy Prophet Jesus (as) having a beer (God forbid) at a pub frequented by some of the UCL students.
Needless to say, it is tasteless, disrespectful, completely unnecessary, and adds no value to any meaningful debates taking place. The cartoon has been posted on the society’s Facebook page and they do not appear to want common sense to prevail by removing the image, citing freedom of speech. Even Richard Dawkins has commented in favour of the Atheist society on his website, and the country’s most popular atheist magazine has given full coverage to this. Because of this other Atheist society members have also now started to post variations of these cartoons.
It is now time for you, as Servants and lovers of the Holy Prophet (saw) and the Slaves of God to defend the Honour of the Most Beloved of God. Your quick response to this growing issue is of utmost importance.
1. An e-petition has been started here. Please ensure that you and your loved ones add your support to the petition. 2. This incident is being discussed on various websites, blogs, and facebook pages. Some of these forums have been listed below. You are urged to visit those sites and add your voice of support for common sense, tolerance, and mutual respect to prevail. The external links are as follows:
- AMSA UCL Response: UCLU Atheist, Secularist and Humanist society confuse Freedom of Speech with Freedom to Insult: Click Here
- UCLU ASH page: Click Here
- New Humanist Blog. The most popular Atheist magazine in UK (AMSA UCL is mentioned): Click Here
- Richard Dawkin’s Weblog: Click Here
3. A Press Release has been published here. Members are welcome to use this for contacting their local press.
4. The issue has been raised, and is being discussed, on our website ”The Art of Misinformation,” and so you are invited to add your voice to that discussion by commenting.
Note: Please remember that it is not illegal for someone to offend and those posting these images are under no legal obligation to remove them. It is simply our hope that those posting the images remember their ethical and moral responsibility to utilise the great freedoms granted to them under British law with respect and social cohesion in mind. Ultimately, our only task here is to pray and request that our fellow citizens posting these cartoons join us in promoting, both in word and action, our universal motto: Love for all, Hatred for none.
Members are reminded that when we are faced with abuse we should ensure that our responses are marked by wisdom and good manners.
Lastly, members are reminded that our success is only possible through the power of prayer. Please pray for the hearts of those who burden a dislike for Islam are moved towards love and tolerance.
Your servant in Islam
Sadr Majlis Khuddamul Ahmadiyya UK