Question to a non-Ahmadi Muslim friend: “What will make me a Muslim?”
Friend, I am puzzled with your answers to my questions. Let me refresh your memory.
According to what you told me:
- Does reciting the Shahadah make Ahmadis become Muslims? NO.
- Does praying Salaah make Ahmadis become Muslims? NO.
- Does paying Zakaah make Ahmadis become Muslims? NO.
- Does keeping fasts in Ramadan make Ahmadis become Muslims? NO.
- Does turning to the Qiblah during Salaah make Ahmadis become Muslims? NO.
- Does eating Halal make Ahmadis become Muslims? NO.
- Does reading the Qur’an make Ahmadis become Muslims? NO.
- Does building mosques make Ahmadis become Muslims? NO.
- Does calling their children by Muslim names make Ahmadis become Muslims? NO.
- Does praying Tahajjud, Nawaafil and Taraaweeh make Ahmadis become Muslims? NO.
- Does giving Sadaqah make Ahmadis become Muslims? NO.
- Does doing Qurbani of cattle make Ahmadis become Muslims? NO.
- Does celebrating 3aqiqah make Ahmadis become Muslims? NO.
- Does celebrating the two 3Eids make Ahmadis become Muslims? NO.
- Does observing the Jumu3ah prayers make Ahmadis become Muslims? NO.
- Does calling the Adhaan make Ahmadis become Muslims? NO.
- Does believing in Allah, His angels, His books, His messengers, the Last Day, good and bad destiny, and the resurrection after death make Ahmadis become Muslims? NO.
- Does believing in Allah and in all His Names and Attributes, and accepting all His commandments and His Shari3ah make Ahmadis become Muslims? NO.
Allah is our Witness that ALL THESE THINGS form part and parcel of our faith. I asked you: Were any of the above-mentioned things, or all of them together, enough to make Ahmadis become Muslims? You said: NO, NO, NO, THAT IS NOT ENOUGH TO BE MUSLIM!!!!
So what, I asked, will make Ahmadis become Muslims?
And you told me: If they believe that “Khatm-al-Nubuwwah” means “no prophet of any kind can come after Muhammad (s.a.) except Jesus the 2000-year-old Israelite prophet,” that will allow Ahmadis to become Muslims!
When I asked you: Which sect of Islam should I join? You told me: Muslims are 99% the same, and they are only divided for political and social reasons.
Once again, your answer puzzled me. Are Muslims really 99% the same?
So, Muslims in Asia who pray to all manner of Saints are 99% the same as Muslims in Saudi Arabia who beat people if they pray at the tomb of Rasulullah (s.a.) because they believe that is Shirk?
So Muslims who say their 5 daily Salaah are 99% the same as Muslims who meditate with music and who think they are above Salaah?
So Muslims who believe the Prophet Muhammad (s.a.) is dead and cannot hear them are 99% the same as Muslims who believe he is HaaDir wa Naadhir, omnipresent and can see all?
Are these social differences? I am puzzled.
You told me that according to the judgment of the scholars of the Sunnis, Shi’ites and Sufis of Pakistan, ALL 72 SECTS THAT THEY BELONG TO HAVE THE RIGHT TO CALL THEMSELVES MUSLIM.
But I do not, you said, have that right. So, I asked you again: What must I do to be accepted as a Muslim?
And you reiterated what you had said before: Believe that there is no prophet of any kind after Muhammad (s.a.) except the Israelite Jesus (pbuh) who was taken up into heaven alive and who will come back down again. If you believe that, it is sufficient to make you Muslim in the eyes of the worldwide Ummah!
And I asked you: Even if I pray to graves? You said: YES, that won’t invalidate your being a Muslim.
Even if I believe in Jinn-possession? You replied: Yes, that won’t harm your claim to be Muslim.
Even if I do the Mut3a “marriage” for one hour? You said: That’s just a minor point. That won’t annul your right to call yourself a Muslim.
Even if I do dhikr instead of Salaah, to the tune of music and with people dancing about like madmen? You said: YES, no problem, you can do all that and we of the other sects will STILL say you have the right to call yourself Muslim…
But all this perplexes me, my friend. For compare what you said to the simple definition of a Muslim according to the Holy Prophet Muhammad (s.a.) – do you even follow him? – It seems extremely doubtful that you prefer what he said over what your “3ulama” have taught you, for you and your leaders never bring his definitions forward when you are asked to define what is sufficient to make a person Muslim. The Prophet (s.a.) said:
“Write down for me [the names of] all those who call themselves Muslim”.
“Whoever prays our Salaah, and faces our Qiblah, and eats what we slaughter, is a Muslim under the protection of Allah and His Messenger.”
And you know, my friend, that we Ahmadis fulfil all these definitions given by the Prophet (s.a.)
My friend, I challenge you to bring a definition of a Muslim from the Qur’an or Sunnah where it is so clearly stated that the defining factor is to believe that Jesus is alive bodily and will come back down, and failure to do so entails that one loses the right to call oneself Muslim.
Why did the Holy Prophet Muhammad (s.a.) not add your scholars’ belief in Jesus (a.s.) coming back bodily, as being the defining characteristic of a Muslim? Was he less wise than the scholars of Islam?
To add to my confusion, you also told me: As long as you are a person who believes that Khatm-un-Nubuwwah means that after Muhammad al-Mustafa s.a., prophethood (even one without any new Shari’a) cannot come but a 2000-year-old prophethood can come, then
- or if you also believe that the Qur’an contains 5 or 10 or 50 or 500 verses that have been abrogated, you are still a Muslim
- or if you also believe that you can swear at the first three Caliphs and the holy wives of the Prophet s.a., ridwaanullahi 3alayhim, you are still a Muslim
- or if you also believe that the Imam al-Mahdi already appeared hundreds of years ago and has gone into hiding, you are still a Muslim
- or if you also believe that the Qur’an is true when it makes Muhammad s.a. say that he cannot go up to heaven and come back down again because he is only a man and a messenger, but then simultaneously believe that he DID go to heaven physically during his Mi3raaj and then came back down again, you are still a Muslim
- or if you also believe ‘Ali r.a. shared prophethood with Muhammad s.a., you are still a Muslim
- or if you also believe in following Imams who swear, curse and do takfir on other Muslims of different sects, you are still a Muslim
- or if you also believe that you must raise your hands in du3aa after every Salaah, even though the Prophet s.a. did not have this practice, you are still a Muslim
So I am puzzled, my friend. You told me that we Ahmadis can enter ANY GROUP OF ISLAM, however strange their beliefs and practices, just so long as we cease to believe in a non-lawbearing prophet after Muhammad s.a.
And to reinforce your statement, you quoted the Nawa-i-Waqt newspaper published on 10th October 1974, where it declared, regarding the decision of excommunication of al-Ahmadiyyah from Islam, that…
“One of the special aspects of this decision has been that on it the consensus of the Ummah has been reached in a substantially correct manner. Throughout the history of Islam, such an overwhelmingly complete consensus has never been reached on any important topic. Other than the great religious scholars, holders of Shara’, all the political leaders and political leaders of each group have agreed on this consensus. Other than these, all Sufiya-i-kiram, ‘Aarifeen Billah, and the leaders of Tassawuf and such practices had complete agreement. Excluding Qadianis, all the rest of the 72 sects which are considered to be of Muslims, agreed and are happy on the solution of this affair. Among the leaders of the nation and ‘Amaideen, there does not appear to be any group which does not have a joyous attitude regarding this decision. The nation should take notice of this.”
…meaning that ALL of them agreed that every other sect, whatever their despicable beliefs and practices, have EVERY RIGHT TO CONSIDER THEMSELVES MUSLIMS. But because the Ahmadis believe that the Messiah was born a Muslim, AHMADIS CAN NO LONGER BE MUSLIM.
So, my friend, you told me to say: NO PROPHET CAN EVER COME EXCEPT THE ISRAELITE JESUS a.s.
That ONE SINGLE BELIEF will win me the tolerance of today’s Muslims for any unspeakable beliefs, superstitions, Shirk and evil practices I choose to follow, and I shall rightfully be able to call myself a Muslim and all others will also rightfully call me a Muslim!
My friend, to me, this is how you and your people close your eyes on all manner of sin and heinous transgression in your mad, enraged vendetta against Al-Ahmadiyyah.
The prophecy has been fulfilled: 72 have aligned themselves together on one side, and 1 has been kicked to the other side.
The Prophet s.a. said: Of the 73, 72 will be in the FIRE and only 1 will be saved.
Now show me how al-Ahmadiyyah has ever aligned itself with 71 other sects claiming to be of Islam against any 1 sect claiming to be of Islam. If it has, I will leave it.
For I fear the prophecy made by the Holiest of Prophets, Muhammad s.a.
I am puzzled, my friend.